9th Grade - Stepping Behind the Wheel
9th Graders and Parents’ Stepping Stone
Sundays, January 6, 13 & 20
11 a.m., Luther Hall
- 9th Grade is a year when many students begin driver’s education and go through the process of getting their driver’s license. This is a significant milestone in the life of the student, and the parents, as many issues surrounding this milestone impact family life.
- This Stepping Stone series will include many opportunities for parent/student discussion and time to work towards developing a Driving Contract. Paul Erdmann, Chapin Hall, and John Wangaard will facilitate this series.
- There will be a public recognition of this milestone in worship on Sunday, January 27 at 9:30am. Students and parents will be prayed for and blessed. Students will also be presented with a key chain to commemorate this milestone (we are asking parents to contribute $5 towards the cost of this gift).
- What are the ground rules for using the car?
- Who pays for the gas, insurance, maintenance and/or traffic tickets?
- Who can ride in the car with the new driver?
- When and where can the car be used?
- What are appropriate boundaries for your child’s driving?
- Basic car maintenance issues.
- How can students stand up to negative peer pressure?
- Drinking and driving.
- What does it mean to be a Christian driver?