This Christmas, your church family is supporting a broad variety of programs that allow you to experience the joy that comes from giving. Please consider including one or more of these ministries in your plans for this holiday. (Or, if you'd simply make a donation go to Perfect Gifts.)
If your passion is for homeless teens, consider supporting Rezek House through the Adopt A Family program.
- Rezek House is part of the Lutheran Social Services (LSS) programming that provides a safe haven, supervision and important life skills training for homeless youth ages 16-21.
- Adopt one or more individuals (suggested spending per individual is $75), shop for gifts from their wish lists, wrap the gifts and bring them to Immanuel. If you would prefer to partially adopt an individual, you may select specific items from wish lists that you would like to purchase, wrap and bring to Immanuel.
- Call Carol at 952-474-8394. Donations are due Tuesday, December 11th.
Redeemer, Cornerstone & Jordan's Christmas Stores
If your passion is children, consider supporting Redeemer Lutheran Church’s Christmas Store, Cornerstone’s Santa Shop and Jordan New Life’s Christmas Store.
- New items are needed to stock these programs. Thanks to your generosity, children served by these ministries are able to “shop” for Christmas presents for several of the important people in their lives.
- Gifts are needed for all ages and genders.
- Donations need to be new and may not have violent themes. Have fun shopping,
- Bring your donations to our atrium and place in the labeled boxes.
- Redeemer donation deadline: Dec. 7th Contact Person: Caroline Nelson 952-949-3810
- Cornerstone donation deadline: Dec. 10th Contact Person: Cari Larsen 952-484-2982
- Jordan New Life donation deadline: Dec. 13th Contact Person: Kim Rathjen 952-937-8123
Loaves & Fishes Mitten Tree
If your passion is for the working poor and their families, consider supporting Loaves and Fishes with a donation to our Mitten Tree.
- Either purchase or make new hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, and other winter accessories. Items are needed for all ages and genders.
- Bring your gifts to Immanuel and use them to help decorate the Mitten Tree located in our atrium. Last day to bring donations to Immanuel is December 25th.
PROP Holiday Gift Program
If your passion is for the children and seniors in our community, consider supporting PROP in its Holiday Gift Program. PROP is in need of sponsors for 900 individuals.
- Preferred sign up by December 1, email Maureen Grazzini at Maureeng@grazzini.com and let her know how many children or seniors you would like to sponsor.
- The suggested amount per individual sponsored is $40.
- PROP will provide you with wish lists and other necessary information, you get to shop, and then bring your gifts to Immanuel’s Luther Hall between December 13th and 15th.
Redeemer Center for Life's Secret Santa
If your passion is for teens and young people without family support, consider supporting Redeemer Center for Life’s (RCFL) Secret Santa program. 12 young people and their children are residents in RCFL’s Housing and Transition program. These people are learning the skills necessary for succeeding in life, while also attending school and working.
- Immanuel will be filling stockings for each of these individuals.
- Shop for items such as laundry detergent and baskets, toilet paper packs, canned goods, $10 gift cards to Walgreens, Cub or Target, and any other items you would like to share.
- Bring the items to the marked box in the atrium.
- Last day for donations is Friday, December 13th. Contact person is Paul Erdmann: firstname.lastname@example.org