Habitat for Humanity / Immanuel Builds
Habitat House Projects
Redeemer Glenwood Project
June 17-21, Chaska
Check your calendar & save the date: volunteer for the upcoming Immanuel Builds project. Our full week project with Habitat for Humanity/Thrivent Builds is June 17-21 (Monday-Friday) in Chaska. Could you volunteer for one day or all week? We are looking for volunteers to help with construction (age 16 & up), to bring food, take photos, and make phone calls for each of the dates. For more info, contact Lynn Swanson at 952.974.1689 or Ruth Lunde at firstname.lastname@example.org
Could you volunteer for one or more of the upcoming Immanuel Builds projects?
The tasks might be inside or outside, depending on the weather.
If you can help on the Redeemer Glenwood building project, email Kelly at email@example.com
Photos from our June 6-10, 2011 work project at 1620 Phillip Way, Shakopee MN
Instructions for the online waiver registration are below. Each construction volunteer, please complete & print the online waiver prior to the volunteer day and bring to site that day.
Following are a few notes for the day:
* Volunteers should dress appropriately for work on site: dress in layers with clothing that can get dirty and wear closed toe & heel shoes.
* Immanuel volunteers will provide lunch.
* The minimum volunteer age is 16. For 16 or 17-year-old volunteers, one adult for every four youth.
* Please consider carpooling as parking is limited. Remove valuables from cars.
We truly appreciate your commitment to helping Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity provide decent and affordable homes for families! Thank you!
Instructions for completing the online Volunteer Liability Waiver form for our
Immanuel Builds volunteer day with Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
Twin Cities Habitat has a new online waiver & sign-in process. This system allows volunteers to complete their waiver in advance of their volunteer day, print out a confirmation which contains a bar code, and bring it to the site. Volunteers will simply scan in their bar code to register for the day.
Volunteers, please complete and print this waiver prior to your volunteer day. Bring the printed page to the work site.
1. Go to: http://volunteering.tchabitat.org (The link can also be found by going to the website, www.tchabitat.org and clicking the "volunteer" button)
2. On the right side of the screen, under "Volunteer Waiver", click "Fill out form now"
3. On the next screen, choose "I'm volunteering with a Congregation or Faith Group"
4. Choose group affiliation (Immanuel Lutheran ) and fill out contact information
5. After submitting the registration page, you will receive a pop-up .PDF which contains a bar code. Print this page.
** Note: Youth under 18 will need to have a parent or guardian sign their form.
6. Bring the printed page (signed by an adult/guardian for volunteers under 18) to site on your volunteer day. There will be a scanner on-site, which will scan in the bar code printed on your page.
Immanuel Builds Coordinators:
Lynn Swanson (952.974.1689) & Ruth Lunde (firstname.lastname@example.org 651.261.2584)