People Reaching out to Other People
An unfortunate event can bring hardship to any of us: a job loss, a medical crisis, a bad economy, personal or family issues. People sometimes find themselves unable to meet some basic needs, such as food and housing.
PROP supports those who are struggling by providing emergency grocery and financial assistance, as well as resources and support to regain self-sufficiency.
Did you know:
- In 2011, Immanuel members donated 12,416 pounds of food to PROP.
- In 2011, PROP served 1,112 households and provided 5,811 food orders to residents of Eden Prairie and Chanhassen.
- Since 2000, in the area that PROP serves, the percentage of the population living in poverty has increased 56 percent while the percentage of children living in poverty has increased 135 percent
- Of the 3400 individuals PROP served in 2010, 46% were children.
You can volunteer in the following ways:
Weekly Positions (minimum six-month commitment, 14 yrs of age or older)
- Food shelf: receive, weigh, sort and stock donated food; prepare food orders for clients
- Office staff: assist clients with food orders, paperwork, record keeping, and general office
- Receptionist: greet clients, answer phones, light data entry
- Resource Assistant: Assess client food needs and provide resources (specialized training required)
- Driver: pick up grocery items from local grocery stores and restaurants
- Data entry: Maintain client and donor databases, prepare mailings
- School supply program (July/August)
- Holiday gift program (November/December)
For more information: