Tuesdays, 7-8pm, April 30 - June 4
- There will be a scripture verse that will be read throughout each session. In doing so people can bring their breath and concentration to the Word.
- Through the process people will be taking care of their bodies and souls.
- The cost of the class is $40/ a person for 6 sessions.
- Contact Parish nurse, Kari Totall, for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register online or at Immanuel's Registration Desk
The first 6 week series was very well received!
The intent was to incorporate scripture into the yoga so that Christ may impact body and soul. Carissa Myers, the yoga instructor, shares her reflections on the first series of this body and soul workout.
"Sometimes, the most beautiful blessings are happening right before your eyes but you have no idea. As the 'yoga teacher,' I find this happening often. Yes, I do read scripture over the class, I pray over them, I encourage them to focus on the very breath Christ has given them but most of all I feel I just give a lot of cues.
It isn't until after the class is finished that I realized how the Spirit of God is alive and at work in the hearts of those taking the yoga class. I have seen people walk in stressed and as they leave give me this peaceful smile and say, 'Thank you, you have no idea what this has done for my faith walk.' I often hear comments like this as well, 'I was finally just able to rest and be.'
As the teacher I really never know how the Lord is working but I know that in this busy world the Lord wants us to learn how to shut it off and just be with Him. That is what I believe my calling is, to provide a place for people to practice strength, flexibility, and rest in Christ's peace." ~ Carissa